Excel Protected Workbook

Copper Contributor

I have an excel file which I been using since last year. I have a few sheets that I keep hidden so other users don't have access to them. To add more protection I protect the workbook structure, and I have not had any issues until now. Every time I protect it, it only last like one hour before it unprotects itself. I been protecting it saving and closing it out, and later on when I reopen it the workbook is unprotected. I notice the issue started when I started using PowerPivot, but I'm not sure if that is related. I need help figuring out how to keep the workbook protected, as I have many users using it and I want to prevent them from changing anything or opening any sheet that is not needed by them.

1 Reply

@Hilda_Munoz 

If I may recommend you, attach a file (without sensitive data) or a photo, inform about the Excel version, operating system and storage medium. This way you can get a solution proposal much faster.

From afar, I cannot understand how the workbook/sheets were locked with the previous information.
Think that here it is appropriate to send the workbook as long as it does not contain any sensitive data.

(Drag and drop here or browse files to attach
Maximum size: 71 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 5)

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)