Excel protected sheets not request password if opened from another device

Copper Contributor

Hi, i need help for excel protected sheets problem.

Using PC, latest excel version.

We have a pendrive connected via usb to our router, we open this pendrive from different devices in our office.

I worked on this excel files and protected part of the sheets with a password so nobody can modify these cells.

If i reopen the file protected from the same device i worked on, the program ask me for password if i want to modify cells, but when i open the same files from another device, it is not needed password, just click on unprotect sheets and everything become modificable without even asking for a password :o

How is it possible? Am i not protecting the files when i set a password in "protect sheet"? Why the thing changes if i use an other device but open the SAME file on the SAME pendrive accessing via router?

Can you help me? I want to protect these files more effectively from modify from other users accessing it by multiple device, but i need they can see the data and open the files.

I did not find other discussion on this issue, but i am not writing in my mother language, sorry in advance if i searched bad.

0 Replies