Excel Project For Work

Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am working on a project at my job to make my job easier. I'm trying to put together a file that would allow me to predict/estimate when material will run out for our production team. This will be useful for me so that I can monitor the material our production team works on.

I'm new to Excel and know very little about Excel. I have tried looking at the trainings within the program and I have tried looking for training videos on functions and formulas. However, I cannot find what I am looking for and if I find something similar, I don't understand it. 

Can I please get assistance with building a formula that will allow me to calculate the date and time material will deplete based upon how much inventory we have and the current build plan from our production team? Along with that, I need assistance with building a formula that will allow me to take that result and turn it into hours remaining until that date/time. So that every day when I check this file, I will know how many hours are left until that date/time is reached. Are these possible to do with Excel?

Below is what the headers of my table look like. I was able to get the formula for how many buildable units we can build based upon how much inventory we have divided it by the number of units are needed per build.

ShaleishaGreeley_0-1649350902016.png

Thank you.

0 Replies