Excel Printing Issue

Copper Contributor

I have set my page layout on my Excel file to print on two of our network printers.  I've made sure all the columns fit on one page for both printers.  However, some people are having an issue with the last two columns printing on a separate page when they print to those printers.

I've created at least ten of these files over the last two years and this has never happened.  The only change since the last time is that we received new computers with Windows 10, but we're all using the exact same computer model and my co-workers wouldn't adjust anything in the file to cause this problem, mostly because they don't understand how.

I don't want to set a print area or scale it to print because it has to be readable.  Plus, it's not happening to everyone.  Besides, I want to know why this is happening when it never did before.

Why would this happen?  What would cause this?

1 Reply

@lmricci 

This is a guess. It's a guess based on two lines in your post: "my co-workers wouldn't adjust anything in the file to cause this problem, mostly because they don't understand how" And "Plus, it's not happening to everyone."

It wouldn't surprise me to discover that a few had changed some settings for some other file, and then Excel or the Printer utility is using "Same Settings as Last"--which can mess up the best of us.

I say this as a person who used to teach diagnostic thinking processes; in other words, it may not be an Excel issue at all, not as such, but more a function of varied users who also print other documents, other spreadsheets, and, yes, who don't always know exactly what they're doing.