Excel Power Query

Copper Contributor

What are these Folders that automatically show up in Power Query and can I delete them without causing any harm to my queries or are they needed? 

pcull2424_0-1613428178673.png

2 Replies

@pcull2424 It seems you are querying "From a folder" four times. PQ automatically creates the helper queries, parameters, a sample file and a function to transform the sample file in order to make it all work. So, NO! you can't just delete them. But, I notice the yellow triangles in the two helper folders that you opened up (both called Transform file from WINFELD....). These indicate that there is some kind of error. PQ can't find the file(s) in the folder it's looking, or perhaps the folder no longer exists. Can't tell. You have a third set of helper queries that seem to look at the same folder. If so, and if that one shows no errors, you can probably delete the ones with errors. Again, can't tell for sure. Save your work first and create a copy of the file. Open the copy, delete the first two query groups and see what happens. If you end up with more errors, don't save. Just close and re-open your previously saved workbook.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thank you very much for the information!