Excel - plotting time elapsed.

Copper Contributor

Hi, I would love some help.

I am plotting 'time elapsed' vs other values.

All of my data series have different values (I have about 6 data series)... but they all the values for x axis (time elapsed) are in [t]:mm format so I could go over 24 hours....

Anyway it is looking OK, but I think my x axis is displaying the data in days not hours as it goes just a little over 1. What to do ? How to fix it?

Any help appreciated. 

:)

2 Replies

@Annmou77 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no Picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

* Knowing the operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@Annmou77 

In Excel charts x-axis formatted as date axis works with dates only. The workaround is to use scatter chart having axis as numbers and taking into account that date is integer part of number (one day = 1) and time is decimal part. More details here graph - Plotting time on X axis in excel - Stack Overflow and you may google for more samples.