Excel Pivot Table has stopped interacting

Copper Contributor

I have a pivot table connected toa data model which was working fine for a year or more but recently it has stopped interacting. When I press refresh, the data gets updated (I can see new transactions in the data model) but the pivot table does not change. Also, it does not respond to slicer or filter selections. No error message or warning appears. It has stopped working on two different machines using Office 365 (verson 2110) but it works ok on an older machine with Excel 2016.

I've never had this issue with pivot table before.

Anyone encounter and solve this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver

5 Replies
I would suggest to rebuild the pivot table.
This exact same issue has happened to me. Multiple files, all experiencing the same thing. Horribly inconvenient.

A very temporary workaround is to upload to OneDrive, manipulate the filter/pivot tables online on OneDrive, and then export a copy.

Rebuilding the data model/tables is something that would be very time consuming so I am hoping to avoid at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion - rebuild seems to have worked but it isn't a feasible solution and presumably it could happen again. I need to understand what has happened so i can prevent it happening again.
Strangely, I think OneDrive may be related to the problem. I set up the spreadsheet on the network for a user and it has been working fine for over a year. However, over the last month or so I notice that she has sometimes ended up saving it to OneDrive and the file she re-opens may be from the network or OneDrive. I'm not sure if that is relevant to the problem or not.
When I looked at the data model, I could see that the data had updated successfully (which I initally had presumed was the problem). Did you find the same thing?