SOLVED

Excel Piviot Table Sort by Date (Top Date Expiring Most Recent)

Copper Contributor
Hello,

I wanted to figure out if this is possible. Basically I update a Certification client file. I have columns for employee names, dates the Certifications expire, and the company the Certificates are from. What I would like to be able to do is have the column that has the dates be able to be sorted by the certificate expiring the most recent up at the top of the column. The dates do need to continue to match with the horizontal rows of the employee name and the company when the dates are sorted, so I would like the rows to follow the dates once sorted. Is this a Piviot Table that I would need to use? Right now I am manually updating the list by looking at all of the dates and manually inserting a row to update my information when there is a new person to be added to the list. I would like to just be able to add the new person to the bottom of the list and then click the date column to sort them into their proper place. Is this something that can be done in Excel. I have provided a mock up in screen shot format to illustrate what I am discussing. Thanks for your time.
1 Reply
best response confirmed by Snuffles00 (Copper Contributor)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions