Excel online query function

Copper Contributor

Hello

I'm using 2 excel online separate files. One is admin sheet and then on other excel file is public sheet. I want to select few columns from admin sheet and display them on that public excel file. I'm using importrange so I get in every data in and then I use query function to select the columns.

I have a problem when query function doesn't display proper values in certain columns . For example I have true / false value and under that I have this "-" value which is not displayed after query but in importrange it is.
Second problem I am having is when I want to change those true / false values by inserting checkboxes so it is displayed more nicely. Sometimes I get query #ref error because excel will apparently think checkbox is separate value but it works just fine in other columns.

4 Replies

@jurepisljar 

What exactly do you mean under "query function"? Better to illustrate with sample file.

@Sergei Baklan sorry for late late reply. 

As you can see I am getting the information from another sheet and it doesn't allow me to put in the tick box over specific collum

@jurepisljar 

That's Google Sheets, not Excel, correct?

@Sergei Baklan 

Correct. I see my mistake there.