Excel no more working

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Starting two days ago, I have many problems with Excel (Word and Outlook are still working correctly):

• If I create a new document, then want to save it locally, nothing happens when I click the Save button.
  • If, for saving, I try to click on "More Options" and then click to "Browse", nothing happens.
  • If I right-click on a cell and select "Cell Format", or I click on the ribbon for the paragraph dialog box", Excel crashes.

When crashing, the event viewer registers:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 16.0.12430.20050, time stamp: 0x5e1570bd
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x2350
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5cd1f15365f60
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: ef6e30d2-da13-40d4-89e5-9bbc40f9af61
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've already tried the following, but the problem is still here:

• Repair Office 365 (fast)
  • Repair Office 365 (online)
  • Start Excel in safe mode
  • Disabled all the Excel add-in
  • Create a new user on my PC and starting Excel from the new account

As the problems happens with a new document, the problem is not related to the content of the document.

Does anyone has a solution or something else to check or test)

5 Replies

@Patrick8639 

It looks like Insider Fast build, isn't it? If so when to send frown and wait for another build.

@Sergei Baklan 

I'm not using Insider Fast Build, but only the public build, so it should be something else.

Hello @Patrick8639,

localized versions - e.g. German or French - of Excel had some problems on the build (12430.20050) you mentionned in your log. Please try to explicitely update Excel by using "Compte / Options de mise à jour / Mettre à jour". This should then update Excel (Office) to Build 12430.20120. For me, that worked.

Best,

Mourad

@Mourad Louha 

My Excel is in French, with version 12430.20120 and there is no new update currently.

What's strange is that my notebook has the same version, but is working fine.

Hi @Patrick8639 

unfortunately, in that case I am sorry and can not help. As you already tried repairs, perhaps a full uninstall and new install could help.

Best

Mourad