excel (medium in size) VBA has Events = false and calculations = false and updates = false,, SLOW

Copper Contributor

I have done everything that I have found that will speed up the Excel Workbook. The VBA code runs about 20 updates to the sheet (simple ones) yet on some of the things that should take about a micro second that 5 to 10 seconds. Like changing a Global Variable to True or False. It seams like it will do about 10 items then after that take several seconds to make a simple thing also like If x = 1

I have tried this on 2010, 2016 and 2019 all run the same. I have the Calculation set to Manual and Screen Updates = False and Events are False at the start of the VBA code and True at the end which doesn't seam to make it slower after the code has finished. It seams like other processes are running that should not be running. What might these things be and can they be shut off and on at will?

1 Reply

@Markwpmi 

I found that if you keep the the number of sheets below 260, then it will work at a reasonable speed.

Not exactly what I want but it is workable. Now I need to create 10 different sheets to do what it should have done already