Excel Market Rate Demand

Copper Contributor

Hello Everybody, I'm looking at somehow having a cell with a total number based off two other cells. One would be an amount added and the other cell amount subtracted. However these two cell entries need to be ignored once entered. Maybe a simple example be wanting to know the total number of boxes in stock where our MRD target is 10 boxes. So if production makes 2 boxes they enter 2 boxes into a cell our current total is 2 boxes, if production make another 3 boxes and enter into the same cell we have a total now of 5 boxes goal to get to our MRD target of 10 boxes. In another cell we would be doing the same but its an entry of boxes going out when these are sent off-site by the store person. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

1 Reply

@kgumtau 

With your permission, I recommend to provide more information.

You'll get a quicker and more accurate answer, and those who want to help don't have to invest time guessing the problem.

Tips: Always inform about your Excel version, operating system, storage medium/hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.).

If possible, add a file (without sensitive data) and use this file to describe your project step by step, or add photos with the appropriate description.

Don't forget that not every Excel user has a clue about every job and what you see he can't see.

In this link you will find some more information about it:

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)