SOLVED

Excel Map Not Showing all Provinces for Saudi Arabia

Copper Contributor

I have tried mapping some basic data at regional level for Saudi Arabia. Country has 13 regions and event though excel identifies correctly each one of the regions in the Geographic Data format it fails to display data on the map for two regions namely: Al_Qassim and Ha'il Regions.

I saw some earlier pots on similar problems for Germany or Spain, and tried various alternatives but was not able to solve the problem.

any suggestion would be appreciated

11 Replies
best response confirmed by kce_powerten (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kce_powerten 

It works if remove geography data types, play with column names and country/province names

image.png

Artificial intelligence is not very straightforward thing.

@Sergei BaklanThank you,

It is quite interesting that removing Geography Data type makes such a difference!

Thank you once again!

@kce_powerten , you are welcome. In Map Charts everything could make a big difference, never know...

@kce_powerten can you please explain how did you create this type of excel. i am not sure to understand it. is it power query? how did you link the data to bing.com ? 

give me hints to google it or youtube it plz. 

@Sergei Baklan - Here attached is my problem file - can you help me to correct it please?

Regards

Andrew

Same problem for egypt provinces can you help

@Sergei Baklan 

Hi, I am having the same issue with Armenia, I tried both with and without geographic data, however no results, only 4 provinces out of 11 are shown. Can you please help? 

Thank you

Hasmik 

Dear Sir,

Please let me know how i will split the map of Eastern province of Saudi Arabia.

Like : Dammam, Al Khobar, Jubail etc @Sergei Baklan 

@Mohammad_Khan 

Afraid no way. Tool works not very good with geography outside USA, especially on third level (county of Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia).

In any case it will show you entire country, an option is to show only regions with data. And it's quite sensitive to the names. You may try to play with them. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Saudi Arabia geography, but what I see each district has 3-5 (at least) different variants of the name in English. You may use Arabic names as well.

Please check in attached how it could be. Sorry to say, I'm suspicious if tool works for such case.

Dear Sir, @Sergei Baklan 

Many thanks for your vital time and support. Now I will play with Arabic names to reach my desire map InshAllah. Thanks alot

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by kce_powerten (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@kce_powerten 

It works if remove geography data types, play with column names and country/province names

image.png

Artificial intelligence is not very straightforward thing.

View solution in original post