Excel map chart - province recognized but not shown in colors

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I created a map chart for a one east European country Georgia with "province"data and it works perfectly with exception of one province: the name of the region "Adjara" is correct, because the Excel takes over its values and allocate it to the right geographical area. But the area is not colored at all like other provinces. I tried different versions of the name, Excel recognizes 2 different writings "Adjara" and "Ajara" with the same result.

Do someone have a clue where the problem might be?  

10 Replies

@Iris402425 

Hi

It's quite common to get issues with mapping when Data since the same State or city could be spelled in different ways.

Try selecting the State column and >> Data Tab >> Click Geography.

If the State Spelling is different than what you have >> You see a Question mark to it'sleft

Click on the Question Mark >> Opens a pane on the right side >> Try a different spelling

When you get Info & Picture >> Hit Select to Replace current data

hope that helps

Nabil Mourad

@nabilmourad hi Namib, thank you very much for this advice! I checked the "Geography" but there seem to be no problem with "my" regions. Still there is no color... Thanks anyway! 

@Iris402425 

No Problem

Good Luck

Nabil Mourad

i have the same issue with morocco provinces map chart cay you help me
hi sergei i have same issue with morocco mapchart provinces can you help me

@yassinetalib07 

Which one is not shown? Better if you share sample file.

@Sergei Baklan 

thank you sergei for your reply i dont know how i can share the excel file here but i can share a we transfer link that u can upload the file

Download link
https://we.tl/t-cRN4Gyf3nu

thank you in advance

@yassinetalib07 

Thank you for the file.

Afraid that's nothing to do with that. Both Guelmim-Oued Noun and Laâyoune-Sakia El Hamra were formed in Sep 2015. Not all changes in recent 10 years are in Map Charts. Both are partially within the disputed territory of Western Sahara.  From maps point of view Microsoft keeps neutrality in such cases.

If play with maps.bing.com it shows other places together with region as Country-Region-Province-Place, for example

image.png

but for these two regions their names are skipped, e.g.

image.png

Please note, I don't discuss politics, above is only my guess why so. Perhaps I'm wrong. In any case I'd send a frown to Microsoft - within your file Help->Feedback->I don't like something.

Here is your file attached if someone else would like to play with it.