SOLVED

Excel macro

Copper Contributor
Hi, I want to know how to run Excel macro/ vba on cell, i mean macro contents writing on the cell. See photo attached
6 Replies
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Sivilay 

A macro sheet, as shown in your photo, is outdated. It was used in Excel 4.0 (released in 1992!) and earlier. Since Excel 5.0 (released in 1993), VBA has been the standard programming tool in Excel.

Although macro sheets are still supported, I would not recommend creating and using them.

Hi hans vogelaar, thank you for information

Hi Microsoft team,

Could you please help me for the VBA issue?

After upgrade office 2013 to office 2019, i have a issue while opening excel book as show below

1. Could not load an object because it is available on this machine. I have click the close 15 times after that onec pop up as below

2. Copile error in hidden module: PIDL_API. This error commonly occures when code is incompatable with the version, platform, or architecture of this application. cilk *Help* for information on how to correct this error.

Note: I also use PI datalink in this excel workbook

Thank you in advance

Sivilay

@Sivilay 

That sounds like you got the 64-bit version of Office 2019. To check:

• Select File > Account.
  • Click the 'About Excel' button.
  • You'll see the complete version info, including whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit.

Some controls that work on the 32-bit version won't work on the 64-bit version, and some code would have to be updated.

The easiest workaround, if possible, would be to uninstall the 64-bit version and to install the 32-bit version of Office 2019.

Hi Hans V, I understand now, Thanks a lot for the good information
your right. the new version of using right now is 64 bit. Thank you
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Sivilay 

A macro sheet, as shown in your photo, is outdated. It was used in Excel 4.0 (released in 1992!) and earlier. Since Excel 5.0 (released in 1993), VBA has been the standard programming tool in Excel.

Although macro sheets are still supported, I would not recommend creating and using them.

View solution in original post