SOLVED

Excel Macro performance issue after Windows May 2021 update

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We noticed extreme slowness when running an Excel macro after the Windows May 2021 update. We have Windows 10 and Office 365. Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks

4 Replies
We need the code to be able to say anything sensible about your question I'm afraid. I have not seen any dip in VBA performance due to this update.

@Jan Karel Pieterse attached please find the code. Appreciate any feedback on improving performance. The Windows team is also looking into this on their end.

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution
I see nothing obviously wrong with the code which would explain it to become slower due to any Windows update. I do expect the code can be optimized for speed, but for that I would have to know a lot more about the entire process. You could start by refactoring it a little so no window activations and selecting of cells are needed?
Thanks for checking. I will follow up with the Windows team as well if there were any issues with the install
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution
I see nothing obviously wrong with the code which would explain it to become slower due to any Windows update. I do expect the code can be optimized for speed, but for that I would have to know a lot more about the entire process. You could start by refactoring it a little so no window activations and selecting of cells are needed?

View solution in original post