EXCEL LOGO

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, I have a question.
Office programs' logos always start with their first letter. Example: Like Word-W. However, Excel's logo is a combination of the letters X and L. I would like information about the creation process of logos. Can anyone with knowledge help?
Kind regards.

havvasancar_0-1653566383367.png

4 Replies

@havvasancar 

You can create your own logo with different software in Microsoft Store you will find many about it, here is an example for free from MS Store:

Logo Maker & Logo Generator - Logo Maker

If I may add...

In principle, all works, whether images, logos or graphics, are subject to copyright

and therefore may not be used by third parties for their own purposes.

Only the author/company has the right to reproduce, modify or distribute his work on the Internet or elsewhere.

In addition to the legal regulation of substantive law,

there are also regulations regarding immaterial law, which apply to films, music, graphic design and software.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Hello, I think you misunderstood me. I don't want to create a logo. What is the meaning of Excel's own logo?

@havvasancar 

History is here Excel Logo, history, meaning, symbol, PNG (logos-world.net). Exact reason of change only Microsoft knows, more exactly very few people in it.

@havvasancar 

Microsoft Excel, the program was first offered for the Apple Macintosh in 1985 and has been available for Windows since 1987. Excel was built by Microsoft as a competitor to Lotus 1-2-3. Apart from Corel Draw, Excel was the only valid reason for many users to use Windows at all until well into the 1990s (these two programs were so-called "killer applications").

Since 1993 Excel has been sold together with Word and Powerpoint as "Microsoft Office".

The name is stressed on the second syllable (like Cartel) because, in typical Microsoft humility :), it derives from the verb "to excel," meaning "to surpass," "outperform," "to excel."

All information without guarantee :).