Excel Index and match works but does not append.

Copper Contributor

I have the table set up and the command itself works. When I add a record to the table, all the other commands append the table and fill in the information. The Index Match commands do not. What am I missing? There must be a setting that I'm not aware of. Any help is appreciated. 

5 Replies

@CA_Papps 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

Thanks

I was trying to find where to post it. What is the path to that area? That is probably the only product I will be needed to ask questions.
Absolutely! Click on Community Hubs on the top, and then Products, and then Excel. Sorry if it was difficult to find!
It sounds like you are adding the formula but it's not auto-filling down the entire column of the table? If this is the case, if you have a value below or a different formula in the column below, the auto-fill will not take the formula down to the bottom of the column automatically.
That's not the case. It's when I add a new entry to the table. I use the Form in Excel. It fills in all the variable information. The IFS commands are moved to the new record but none of the Indsex commands are entered into the new record. Those cells are blank.