Excel Ideas

Copper Contributor

Excel Ideas is not showing on my tool bar, microsoft support perform the following steps and still the issue persist.

*Quick Repair

*New file

*Ribboning

*Reinstall Office 365

EDIT: Intelligent Systems is checked active

12 Replies

@elBarto8889 

By default, it should be available... However, you can check the Customize Ribbon 

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

It should be available in the far right of the Home tab

yea, I know. on my other PC it does show but here on my new laptop it's just not showing@Abiola1 

@Abiola1 

clipboard_image_0.png

i did customise the toolbar but it's simply not doing anything. it sits there empty doing nothing

@elBarto8889 

This is serious. I advice you send Frown to Excel

clipboard_image_0.png

@elBarto8889 Open Internet Explorer, In setting find Compatibility View and uncheck all, that could help

image.png

Can you please provide feedback through Excel Send a frown so that we can trace the bug and help fix it. Thanks
I've got the same problem
I've provided feedback cause I've got the same problem
I do not have option to enable Intelligent Services in my Microsoft® Excel® per Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.12827.20328) a 64 bit, nor Word and PowerPoint

@milko66 

I'm not sure what exactly is your issue - you have no Ideas icon on ribbon at all, or you see white pane with no information if click on the icon? If the latest, did you try to change compatibility setting as in the post above? It helps on 9 cases from 10.

@Sergei Baklangood morning and thank you for your reply.

This is my situation:

• if I add the Ideas buttom and group from ribbon setup I obtain this:
    img01.png

• if I create a personal group and add the Ideas buttom I obtain this:
    img02.png

In any case the Ideas buttom do not work (grayed).

I've try to change the compatibility setting in IE as explained in this post with no result.

I notice I've no "Intelligent Services" section in Excel General Options...

@milko66 

If Ideas icon is not on the ribbon, and if you added it and it is greyed, that most probably mean Ideas is not available for you version of Office.

That is only for Office365 subscribes and only for few languages. Please check here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ideas-in-excel-3223aab8-f543-4fda-85ed-76bb0295ffc4?ui=en... (in Notes) if your version meet criteria.