Excel Horizontal scroll bar drag not working

Copper Contributor

I'm having a problem on Excel where whenever I click on the horizontal bar it goes straight to the left side and I can't drag it away. For some reason it works fine when I hold the shift key, which usually moves the bar straight to the edge. This only happens on some of my sheets but its fine on others. Is there any way to fix this?

3 Replies

@AlexParsloe  I had the same issue on an older spreadsheet. I had to select all and unhide all of the columns. Then, it worked, even after I hid the same columns again.

@Eric5100 I made an account just so I could tell you I love you. Thank you so much for this working solution. More than once have I received a spreadsheet created by someone else that has this issue, and it drives me nuts. Thank you thank you thank you.

@Eric5100you absolute star for posting this solution. It bloody worked! This was driving me insane. Only on the horizonal bar. It was slightly different bug where the horizontal bar was all jittery and I couldn't hold and drag it, it would skip. I could click on the space after the bar and it would jump find, but not when holding and sliding . 

To confirm I first tried selection all columns that had hidden cells but that didn't work. 

So I CTR+A to select all and unhide and that did the trick!