excel help

Copper Contributor

I would like assistance with giving a value to a number to be used in a database once selected for example:

row will have the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 

and I would for those numbers to have a value for example 1=$3020, 2=$6040, etc.  Due to this number reflecting a monthly dollar amount and subject to change I would like to also have one cell box where I can enter the numbers 1,2,3, and so forth but the value assigned will reflect overall. Please assist if you understand what I am implying.  I tried the vlookup and not getting it to work. Thank you

5 Replies
Please post few sample data and show your desired output. Also attach a sample file so that we can work on that.
i think you're better off doing dictionaries with python.

@Clarker001 

I'd use a lookup table:

S1613.png

The formula in B2 is

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(F2:F9,A2))*$G$2:$G$9)

Okay I like this so now here is where or what I’m attempting..so like the data in F and G. You assigned values right so now…let’s say in C4 you add to box the word Months (to indicate months free) and if monthly fee was for example $3020…now with each number in data set…1 would be $3020 and 2 $6040. Now I would like to be able to type any of the numbers located in F and the value would show so if 2 is entered the amount $6040 would show and not 2

@Clarker001 

Sorry, I don't understand. What do you want to do with the word Months in C4?