Excel Help with Making a chart

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I really appreciate your help and guidance.  I have some data that I've created for myself to try and keep my week on track.  I'd like to be able to graph the data at the end of the week but I'm confused on how to establish the graph.  Ideally, I'd like the graph to grow week to week so that I can see how I'm doing each week and compare to the previous weeks.  I'd reviewed the graph information on excel and it says to highlight all of the data, but I only want some of the information, not all of it or it will be too cluttered.  Can someone please provide guidance? On the bottom of my chart or x axis, I'd like perhaps Week 1, then Week 2 etc.  Then on the y axis, I'd like the names of certain goals, and I only want it to graph the weighted total from my data.  I'm not sure if this is confusing, but thank you for your help. I've attached my data. 

2 Replies

@justinshenkarow 

I would input the data as a table as in sheet 4, then create a pivot table as in sheet 5 then draw the table selecting the weeks you prefer, or the weekdays desire.

I inputted some values, change as you see fit. then press refresh all from the pivot table extra menu in the ribbon (once you select it)

hope this is useful, waiting your comments

@Ramiz_Assaf thank you very much!