SOLVED

Excel Help Microsoft 365

Copper Contributor

Hello Community!  I need some help.  I do not know what formula to use or worse once I figure it out, not sure how to use it.  I have and idea on my company quote sheet I am working on.  I have cell B6 simply mirroring the total from cell F6.  What I would like help with if possible is a way to make it to where if the the total in cell F6 and B6 are less then $250, then cell B6 will automatically populate to $250.  I am not sure if that is a IF, OR, ROUND, etc.  I am still learning and at a novice level very much still.  Please help/educate me on what the route and how to make this happen.  Thank you all in advance and I look forward to learning from this community.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by dmarshall32 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Darnell,

In reading your requirement, I think the basic formula you're looking is:
= IF( F6 < 250, 250, F6 )

Now I am bit confused, when you say: "...if the the total in cell F6 and B6 are less then $250, then cell B6 will automatically populate to $250." Are you requiring that F6 and B6 have to be summed up and also check if this operation is under 250 as well ?
Thank you for the response Microsoft_Excel_Recalc_Or_Die. No. I simply wanted B6 to = the total of F6. But I did not want it to reflect the true value of F6 if it was less then $250. I wanted to capture the data (miles), but not have the price ever go less then $250 on the quote side of the sheet.
I just tried it and it worked perfectly! Many thanks!

@dmarshall32 Just to demonstrate another solution that doesn't require IF.

=MAX(250,F6)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dmarshall32 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Darnell,

In reading your requirement, I think the basic formula you're looking is:
= IF( F6 < 250, 250, F6 )

Now I am bit confused, when you say: "...if the the total in cell F6 and B6 are less then $250, then cell B6 will automatically populate to $250." Are you requiring that F6 and B6 have to be summed up and also check if this operation is under 250 as well ?

View solution in original post