SOLVED

Excel Headers - paste an object

Copper Contributor

I am trying to paste a company logo into an excel header so that I can create an invoice. I have copied the logo from word but the paste option is greyed out in excel header. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Sue123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sue123 

A small workaround and you can use graphics in headers or footers:

Ribbon, Page Layout tab, click on the dialog arrow in the lower right corner of the Page Setup group.
In the dialog, open the Header / Footer tab and then click on User-defined Header ... (or Footer ...).
Now all you have to do is click the Insert Image icon and select the graphics file.
If you still have to scale the graphic file ...
In the View tab in the ribbon, switch to Page Layout.
Click in the text "& [graphic]" in the header or footer.
Now you can open the dialog of the same name in the Draft tab with the Format graphic button.

Tip tested under Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016/19

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

thanks that has worked for me.
your welcome.
I was pleased to be able to help you.

Nikolino
I'm using Office 365. I can open the dialog box for inserting image where I have 3 options: From file, Bing search and OneDrive.
None of the options work. Clicking on the 1st and 3rd option does nothing, entering any search term in to the bing search bar gives an error message.

@vaphaet 

Please start a new discussion and provide the following information to help others answer your question:

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sue123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sue123 

A small workaround and you can use graphics in headers or footers:

Ribbon, Page Layout tab, click on the dialog arrow in the lower right corner of the Page Setup group.
In the dialog, open the Header / Footer tab and then click on User-defined Header ... (or Footer ...).
Now all you have to do is click the Insert Image icon and select the graphics file.
If you still have to scale the graphic file ...
In the View tab in the ribbon, switch to Page Layout.
Click in the text "& [graphic]" in the header or footer.
Now you can open the dialog of the same name in the Draft tab with the Format graphic button.

Tip tested under Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016/19

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

View solution in original post