Excel header width problem

Copper Contributor

How do I get rid of these two side blank space while printing?

page size a4. Annotation 2022-01-10 101446.pngAnnotation 2022-01-10 100344.png

6 Replies

Hi @Kabir1994 

you probably can't. Usually, every printer has physical limits about the area that could be printed. In other words, depending on the printer, most likely there will be always a small space left, even if you set all the margins to zero. Again, this is a physical constrain of many printers. 

@Kabir1994 

In addition, to the point made by Mr. Martin Weiß and with everyone's permission, I would like to add these additional options.

Blank lines

Maybe there is a space in some cell somewhere on these blank pages.

Activate the worksheet that you want to print out.

Press "CTRL + END" to jump to the cell that Excel recognizes as the last used.

When that last cell is well below your contents, highlight the rows from the active last cell to the end of your data.

Press the key combination "CTRL + MINUS" to delete these cells completely.

Now you can print the worksheet without wasting paper.

Set or clear a print area on a worksheet (normally this shouldn't be necessary)

If you print a specific selection on a worksheet frequently, you can define a print area that includes just that selection. A print area is one or more ranges of cells that you designate to print when you don't want to print the entire worksheet. When you print a worksheet after defining a print area, only the print area is printed. You can add cells to expand the print area as needed, and you can clear the print area to print the entire worksheet.

A worksheet can have multiple print areas. Each print area will print as a separate page.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@Martin_Weiss But I always use adobe pdf while printing , sometimes use Microsoft pdf. as i am not printing to paper so ignore the physical limits of a printer . while printing to pdf it should be no border on both side of header and footer image. I have used 2 separate image for header and footer. i have no complain for other text . only need to align the header and footer image with a4 size page. Screenshot 2022-01-11 094920.png

Hi @Kabir1994 

I agree, there should be no blank margins on a PDF. Could you check, if you have activated this setting:

"Align with page margins"

DTE_0-1641886903345.png

It might make a difference.