SOLVED

Excel > Insert > Maps > World - New Zealand Not Showing

Copper Contributor

Hi. I used the standard world map to chart a table. I noticed that New Zealand isn't shown. Any ideas on how this might be corrected? Be safe, Peter

7 Replies

@PeterMoss99 

Do you mean this map ?

image.png

Yes, that's the one! When it loads into Excel, New Zealand isn't shown. I'm using 365 so I assume I've got access to the latest maps.
best response confirmed by PeterMoss99 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PeterMoss99 

Map itself is generated on Bing Map service, it's not within Excel. If you have Map Chart functionality and online connection, result will be the same for any Excel with above.

At the same time Map Chart is quite sensitive to column names and how your data is organized. If you open attached file does it work?

Yes, it works 100%, but I'm out at present so viewing on my phone. When I get home I'll try on my Surface Laptop 3. I'm sure you are right - I'll fiddle about and see if I can get NZ to render. Many thanks! :thumbs_up: :clapping_hands::folded_hands:

@Sergei Baklan Okay - I've found what I think is the problem. I loaded your xlsx file on my laptop and, yes, NZ was shown. Then I typed Brazil over New Zealand ... and NZ disappeared from the chart! I took my data set (which doesn't contain NZ and which doesn't show NZ on the chart) and added New Zealand with a random value ... and NZ appeared on the chart! So, it appears as if the 'world' map only shows New Zealand if NZ appears in the data set. 

Hi everyone, I understand this is an old discussion. I hope that someone follows this context and would be able to help. I am looking to use Wellington Regions map in Excel. I tested my data in different ways, but the Bing Maps does not recognise the regions. Not sure if that's a problem with New Zealand Map or you may face the same limitation when using Canada or US map. appreciate it if you could provide guidance and assistance. Thanks

@FahimMcG , it's better if you provide sample file with what you are trying to do. Very few people here ae from New Zealand, Chart Maps has it's own limitations. With sample file some of us could play with it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PeterMoss99 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PeterMoss99 

Map itself is generated on Bing Map service, it's not within Excel. If you have Map Chart functionality and online connection, result will be the same for any Excel with above.

At the same time Map Chart is quite sensitive to column names and how your data is organized. If you open attached file does it work?

View solution in original post