SOLVED

excel graphics

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am a Mac user (macOS Catalina), with the office and the license from my university.

I have a problem with Excel regarding graphics. I can not modify the limit of the axis. 

Could you help me?

8 Replies

@Raffa1093 Usually, you can right-click (or two-finger click on the touchpad) on an axis and something like in the picture should come up. Here you can set all sorts of axis options.

Excel for Mac, Big Sur.Excel for Mac, Big Sur.

@Riny_van_Eekelen Hi, thanks for your time. 

Yes, I have done the right click and this screen come up. But the limit of the axis are fixed, I can not move them in another range. For example the fixed range for the horizontal axis is 0-400 and I want to set it to 200-400 but it moves it always to zero. 

Raffaella 

@Raffa1093 What kind of chart? Can you upload a file with a "problem" chart? Remove any confidential information though.

@Riny_van_Eekelen yes for sure, here it is a problem chart as an example. the limits of both principal and secondary axis are fixed. 

@Raffa1093 Can't replicate the problem and could change the horizontal axis to start at 200 without a problem, But, I have read about a similar problem on Excel for Windows where to problem was caused by a regional setting in the thousand and decimal separators, Perhaps, something unusual happened in the regional settings on your Mac. Press the Apple logo (top left), System Preferences... , Language & Region and then Advanced.... 

My settings look like this:

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 17.54.31.png

As said, I have no problems with changing the chart axis.

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 17.56.27.png

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@Raffa1093 Here's the file.

This was the problem. Now run!!!
Thanks and thanks for your time
Raffaella

@Raffa1093 Glad I could help solve the problem!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution