Excel graphics problem - not showing half the sheet

Copper Contributor

I turned on my laptop and launched Excel this week to see that half the spreadsheet is white or not showing.  Its the same with each spreadsheet I open.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office.  I updated all my graphics card drivers, I turned on and off hardware acceleration in display, all does not work.  What is the cause of this and how can I fix this?

Screenshot 2022-07-05 195923.jpg

4 Replies

@vlim22 

Lots of users have reported similar problems recently. Let's hope Microsoft solves it quickly.

We have multiple users experiencing this issue since the 7/1/22 update, affecting both 32-bit & 64-bit. So far, we've resolved the issue for 1 user by fulling uninstall and re-installing Office. 1 user was able to resolve the issue by running Excel in safe mode and then again in normal mode but this hasn't worked for others yet.
@vlim22, Microsoft is saying they've released a patch in the newest update. You can manually update the software via File > Account > Install/Check for Updates.

@JT_TECH_XIII 

On my PC, Office 2021 was automatically rolled back from version 2206 to version 2205.