Excel gives error message when I try to save changes

Copper Contributor

I have an Excel file which works fine for other users but when I try to save any changes I get a message saying "Errors were detected while saving.........." If I press continue I get another error message saying it has minimally saved via users path which doesn't exist. Any ideas? I'm running Office 365 with Excel 2016

2 Replies

@Sailbad 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) to your request.

The possibilities could be many such as VBA code, page protection, line protection, etc. therefore it is always good if you insert the file (please without sensitive data).

With a file it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

I do have a work-around to solving your issue. HERE IS THE TEMPORARY FIX... Close the file and loose your changes you made (I know it sucks). Close anything in Excel you may have opened. Then while holding the cntrl button select the Excel Application and a box will pop up asking if you want to open in Safe Mode. Say Yes. This will disable macros but still allow you to have access to it. You won't need to access this most times this occurs and you can simply save the file. Close it and re-open it (not in safe mode) and the file works again. Maybe for a few days or months but it will probably happen again at some point without any reason as to why.