Excel - Get Data from PDF is Missing

Copper Contributor

trobinson-q2_0-1612391092428.png

I have users that are reporting that up until a couple weeks ago, they were able to import data from a pdf from this menu. That feature is now missing.

We have licensing:

trobinson-q2_1-1612391147401.png

So, why would this feature be missing?

30 Replies

@L z. I have downloaded the file and refreshed and now have the pdf.table in it. How do i go about importing the pdf document into my excel?

@Asanteeli
here is the article from @L z. please follow that

The article is available (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/power-query-get-transform-get-data-from-pdf/1...) and explains the Next step when you get a You CAN import Tables from PDF files with the in used product

@L z. 

Hi, I downloaded your file and it show Pdf.tables

Could you please teach me how to use the import PDF function because I could not find it in data tab

@tungvba93 

Don't get me wrong please but it's hard to believe... Please read the last reply posted before yours. It contains a link to an article where your question is answered

@L z. 

Is the import PDF tables to excel available for Mac?

I'm not a Mac user but AFAIK this isn't available yet

UPDATE Feb 16, 2023: Import data from additional data sources using Power Query in Excel for Mac (PDF not in the list though). 

I subscribed and activated for this feature, it is also missing. It does nothing.

There are some online transfer services.

@L z. Hi, I did the check and the entry "Pdf.Tables is in the list.
Please let me know to to proceed further.
Thanks

Hi. Look 7 posts above yours

I also get the same issue---just found out now right when I need to work on something. Still looking for solution online.. would be great help to see some update from anyone here. @trobinson-q2