Excel functions

Copper Contributor

Hello! I would like some help form an expert please!

I have a document that I would like to insert a function in whereby " if Cell 1 contains the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10, then display cell 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 from sheet 2 in sheet 1 (then give a destination cell number/letter for this to be placed in).

Basically I have a random generator function whereby I want to input a number from a range (1-10,11-20 and so on) that has a list of questions on another sheet. So when its refreshed and places the number (for instance) 2, then question 2 will be displayed in sheet 1 corresponding, and so on. Each time the number changes, it will draw it the relevant question that goes with that number.

Hope that makes sense!

5 Replies

@1ucy_8 

Perhaps

=INDEX(Sheet2!$B$2:$B$11, MATCH(C1,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$11,0))

Please check in attached

@Sergei Baklan Thank you. Dont think thats it though. I want the question on sheet 2 to appear in sheet 1 column c, depending on the number thats randomly generated in B1. Not sure if that can be done as its randomly generated. But effectively in B1, those questions will only be from 1-10 from sheet 2. Then B2 will be questions from 11-36 from sheet 2.

@1ucy_8 

Could you please provide sample file?

@Sergei Baklan Sure - attached for you 

@1ucy_8 

I see, thank you. I'd recommend questions in Shift2 on two columns - in column A is the number and in column B is the text of the question. Otherwise possible solution will be much more complicated and depends on Excel version you use.