SOLVED

Excel functionality issue, slow, sluggish, responses

Copper Contributor

Hello,  I'm having excel 365 functionality issues.  Responses are slow, sluggish, lagging.  I have removed and re-installed Microsoft Office 365 servel times and worked with Microsoft Chat to repair the problem.  Tech repeated everything I did, plus updated the operating system.  To no avail, issues still exist.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Eddie

8 Replies

@Eddie58 

That's too abstract. Did you check in safe mode (Win+R, excel /safe) if problem exists?

@Sergei Baklan thank you for your reply, Excel still does it in safe mode. 

@Sergei Baklan 

thank you for your reply, Excel still does it in safe mode. 

@Eddie58 

One more to check if you did complete uninstall with tool as in Option 2 here Uninstall Office from a PC (microsoft.com)

If that also doesn't work when have no more ideas, sorry.

best response confirmed by Eddie58 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Sergei thank you so much for reaching out to help me. I found the fix. "window" R, %appdata%,, Microsoft folder, Templates folder, rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm, reboot system. Everything in Excel started working after this fix. Thank you again and Happy New Year.

@Eddie58 

Interesting, thanks for sharing

Forget the fix, stopped working. :(
I've just started having this problem. Just out of the blue. Did you ever fix it?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Eddie58 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Sergei thank you so much for reaching out to help me. I found the fix. "window" R, %appdata%,, Microsoft folder, Templates folder, rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm, reboot system. Everything in Excel started working after this fix. Thank you again and Happy New Year.

View solution in original post