SOLVED

Excel Function

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone doing alright, Appreciate your advice and support with this one, As I have a sheet containing 5020 rows and all in filter mode so in the picture I want whenever I select ATM Id ( Any Id ) and whatever appears in this area ( Row number will differ ) I want it to be copied, reflected connected or even linked exactly the same in cell A5021.

Kindly note that there is a filter so the row number might differ even if it does I still want it to appear in A5021.

Any idea, please??

EzzEldean_0-1665041168580.png

8 Replies
Any Ideas, Please?

@EzzEldean 

I don't know about others, but I don't understand your question. Could you try to explain it as clearly as you can?

@Hans Vogelaar Once I select ATM id from the filter I want the data from the red box above to be copied the same in the red box below in cells A5021& B5021.

What appears up I want it to appear below

EzzEldean_0-1665062213386.png

@EzzEldean 

Here is a sample workbook. It is a macro-enabled workbook, so you'll have to allow macros.

First of All, Thank you so much for considering my request.
If you don't mind to explain the function to apply it in the picture I have sent like do I need to make a separate cell as a reference for the filter?, Like I need to enter the ATM Id in that cell instead of selct it from the main filter in column A?
Also if there is an alternative to the filter function as my version of excel doesn't support it yet
best response confirmed by EzzEldean (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@EzzEldean 

Here is a version that doesn't require the FILTER function. You do need the dummy formula; it forces Excel to recalculate, triggering the code. You can hide the cell with the formula if you like.

I do apologize for the late response, And really thank you so much for your help god bless you.
Sorry to bother you but if you could help me with something, It doesn't update automatically like your sheet the Code is working fine if I press run but not if I select the ID on its own.
it's working I forgot to place the code in the sheet itself, not as a separate module.
Hans thank you again.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EzzEldean (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@EzzEldean 

Here is a version that doesn't require the FILTER function. You do need the dummy formula; it forces Excel to recalculate, triggering the code. You can hide the cell with the formula if you like.

View solution in original post