Excel from office 365 wont open

Copper Contributor

Right now I have already tried uninstalling an installing again all my office apps, but excel still have this error that says "the operating system is not configured to execute this app" it tells me this after a message that says " the last time you executed this app it didnt start up correctly. The failproof mode may help you with this problem, but its possible that some characteristics wont be available on this mode ", I have tried almost everything but I cannot find any solution and I need excel for finishing some homework I have left. pls help.

1 Reply

@L34M51 

Beforehand and with your permission, I would like to recommend giving more detailed information. Excel version, operating system, storage medium, etc. Additional photos with a step-by-step explanation of the problem would also help to understand the problem better.

Here are some additional steps that might help without having more specific information in advance:

1. Disable hardware acceleration: In Excel, click on File --> Options --> Advanced. Scroll down to the Display section and check the box next to "Disable hardware graphics acceleration". Click OK and restart Excel to see if the issue is resolved.
  2. Run a repair from the Control Panel: In the Control Panel, click on Programs and Features, then select Microsoft Office 365 and click on Change. Choose the "Online Repair" option to repair any damaged files in the installation.
  3. Create a new user account: Sometimes, the issue may be related to your user profile. Try creating a new user account on your computer and see if Excel works on the new account.
  4. Check for conflicting software: Make sure that there are no conflicting software or antivirus programs running on your computer that may be blocking Excel from running.

*In Addition: If you have installed Gramarly for Excel, try turning off.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)