SOLVED

Excel formulas and functions

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am a complete newbie to Excel.

I have a workbook for my small business showing .Sales. stock and purchases.

Each on a separate sheet.

What I need is to have sales automatically deduct from the stock sheet and purchases automatically added to the stock sheet.

Is this at all possible?

Using 2019 Excel.

nipper1465_0-1636306421899.png

nipper1465_1-1636306490641.png

nipper1465_2-1636306517385.png

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by nipper1465 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nipper1465 

When you enter a formula, you just have to navigate to the other sheet within the workbook, and make the cell(s) from the other sheets part of the formula. In other words, start from the sheet where you want the result to appear, then create the formula by selecting the proper cells in the other sheets.  You can select data from any other cells, either from sheets within the same workbook, or even pull from other workbooks. Make sense?

Thanks bhana66, I think I understand, will try and let you know if I am successful.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nipper1465 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nipper1465 

When you enter a formula, you just have to navigate to the other sheet within the workbook, and make the cell(s) from the other sheets part of the formula. In other words, start from the sheet where you want the result to appear, then create the formula by selecting the proper cells in the other sheets.  You can select data from any other cells, either from sheets within the same workbook, or even pull from other workbooks. Make sense?

View solution in original post