SOLVED

EXCEL FORMULA

Copper Contributor
I have four columns in excel. Column A is named "Date" while Column B is named "Day" . Column B depends on the value in Column B and I got the Formula for any specific date for column B and that's not my concern anymore.
Column C is designated for formula and I named it "Formula".
Column B and C are to be hidden (not a problem).
Column D is named "Activities".
My concern is I want Column C to not contain any formula but I want it to be filled with values based on another column or cell.
Column B, C, and D are the connected now to each other.
Column C will contain the formula that will fill Column D based on Column B.
Column D are editable cell meaning to say, I will type in some of the cell in Column D while other cell in Column D are automatically filled based on Column B using the formula in Column C.
Here's a scenario.

You will enter formula in Column C.
If B2 is "Sunday" or "Saturday" , then either "Sunday" or "Saturday" will be automatically copied in Column D.
And if Column B are Weekdays, I will type in the Activities I've done in that day.

Is it possible? If so, what formula or Codes should I be using?
3 Replies

@ejeruratyuuga 

A couple of things

1: you said  Column B depends on the value in Column B ?? That doesn't make sense

2: you said Column C is designated for formula then  My concern is I want Column C to not contain any formula but I want it to be filled with values based on another column or cell. you can't have excel fill in a square if it doesn't have a formula.

3: Can you upload a file

#1 say for instance,
I want to add A1+B1.
The formula is in cell C1 BUT I want the result (sum) to show in cell D1. That is ONLY IF possible because I, myself, is thinking it is not. Haha

#2 well, that's why I said on the last sentence, "If it is possible".
best response confirmed by ejeruratyuuga (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You need to put the formula in cell D1.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ejeruratyuuga (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You need to put the formula in cell D1.

View solution in original post