Excel Formula

Copper Contributor

hey good day. i am looking to add 2 formulas into one cell

11 Replies

@Danny116_ Which two formulae?

@Riny_van_Eekelen let me see how best i can explain this. so in the attachment, column H (days open) i need it to reflect on column D (open/close). so if column D says Closed then the days open should reflect F3-B3 but if column D says open then it should reflect C3-B3. if you look at the data sheet at H3 & H4 it have the two formula in there but to add those two together based on reflecting open or close is the issue

Hi,

I perceive you're asking Excel to do the impossible. You can only have one formula in a cell irrespective of how short or long the length of the formula

@Danny116_ 

You are so very close to the solution. All I had to do was combine your two IF statements, condition and outcome, into a single IFS, as shown below:

=IFS(

[@[Open/Closed]]="closed",                               first condition

[@[DATE DELIVERED]]-[@[DATE REQ]],              first formula

[@[Open/Closed]]="OPEN",                                second condition

C3-[@[DATE REQ]]                                                second formula

)

@mathetes i downloaded the file but its getting an error. i get what you are saying but i'll try to sort it. thanks much

@Danny116_ 

I put the formula in Column H...and it does work there. I thought that's where you wanted it; since it's where you had the two samples.

@Danny116_ 

On Excel I have a table with 3 columns: A,B,C and 3 lines 1,2,3; When I put different numbers in all As and Bs and I put the formule = A1+B1 in C1, I get the right answer. But if I descend with the pointer on + to C2 and C3 I get the same answer. What to do?  

Pancho 1940

On Excel I have a table with 3 columns: A,B,C and 3 lines 1,2,3; When I put different numbers in all As and Bs and I put the formule = A1+B1 in C1, I get the right answer. But if I descend with the pointer on + to C2 and C3 I get the same answer. What to do?  

@Pancho_1940 you are not supposed to get the same answer if the number are different and the formula is correct. i will attach a file with the formula.

@Pancho_1940  once you put your mouse pointer at the bottom rigth of C1 and see the bold + sign then you drag down

@mathetes when i first downloaded the file i saw the formula but when i enable editing it change automatically to #NAME. which is the error but i am working on it. its the symbols that have me at bay