Excel formula

Copper Contributor
Hi guys.
Hope all are keeping safe.

I need help with a formula or function for an attendance register I'm busy with.

When an employee is marked "P" which represents present in needs to count if that person has valid machine licenses. The licenses will be indicated in a green dot.
And that result needs be given in E48 in the actual cells

Please find attached excel sheet

Thanks
9 Replies

@Riaan1055 You haven't attached any sheet :)

Are the licenses values in cells or just formatting?  Because formatting alone isn't visible to formulas.

Hi Savia

Yes, is formatting... Do you maybe have another suggestion to do that?

Here's the file

Thanks

@Riaan1055 Your question doesn't line up with what I'm seeing on this sheet - there are no green dots.  Can you explain a bit more what you need?

It should be showing under the machine licenses section...

If you type the number 2 in one of those cells?
I see what happened. I'm actually working of the phone and the phine converted it to only the numbers. The numbers you see is actually conditional formating, 1=red, 2=green and 0=yellow.

@Riaan1055 Perfect - the numbers make it much easier!  I still need you to explain what you actually want to see and in which cell.

So basically what i want is when the employee is present it needs to count his machine specific licence in cell E48.
Example:
Employee A is present and has a green license on the 996 machine and pc 3000.

Employee B has the same licenses but he is absent. So his licenses should not be counted with.

The main goal is to see how many actual licenses is available according to the employees present.
So only when the employee is present, his valid licenses should be counted in Cell E48

@Riaan1055 I think I follow.  I presume you care about today's figures?  I have made a formula in the attached.

Thanks Savia.... You are amazing.

I have to buy you a drink sometime... Haha

Thanks a lot.