SOLVED

Excel formula help

Copper Contributor

I need to create a spreadsheet pulling information from one spreadsheet into another. I want to input a bill # on one spreadsheet and have it pull the corresponding amount for that bill # from another spreadsheet.

7 Replies

@KATHYSHOWARD 

If you’re looking to ask a question please read the informations in the Link

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

You can accomplish this using an xlookup or if you have an older version of excel, vlookup. Without knowing specifics it's hard to say exactly but if you do some research on these functions it will accomplish what you're looking for!
Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Office Standard 2019
With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE This may be a duplicate. I responded this morning but don't see that response now.  I apologize if this is a duplicate message.  I am trying to input a bill # on the Tax Sale spreadsheet and have the formula search that bill # in the Unpaid spreadsheet and pull the corresponding bill amount from column G into the Tax Sale sheet in the amount column.

best response confirmed by KATHYSHOWARD (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Kathy,
=+VLOOKUP(B4,UNPAID!A:G,7,FALSE) in your gray box in C4 will work!
OH! MY! GOODNESS! Thank you so, so much! That worked perfectly. I was so close but just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I appreciate you help!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by KATHYSHOWARD (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi Kathy,
=+VLOOKUP(B4,UNPAID!A:G,7,FALSE) in your gray box in C4 will work!

View solution in original post