Excel formula help

Copper Contributor

I'm having a nightmare and require help. I have made a task tracker for work. I have a main page with 12 other sheets which are the different departments. I would like all the sheets to be linked to the Dept part on each sheet so which ever dept name is inputted into it, it will also show on their sheet tab. I hope that makes sense. I have attached the file so you can take a look and hopefully if I don't make sense you can figure out what I mean.

4 Replies

@Ste_greeny 

Just to be clear, if I input ROG in Dept column of BHQ sheet,  what should happen? 

It should show the entire row on the ROG sheet as well as been on the BHQ sheet.

@Ste_greeny 

Moving rows from one sheet to other could be accomplished using a simple VBA script.  But then it might add more complexities around what happens when that row is edited in one of the two sheets(ROG and BHQ in this example).

If your purpose of moving to another sheet is just to report (no edits), then it is best to consolidate all the sheets in to single tab for a Dept in read only mode. For example for ROG dept, the there can be new tab called "all ROG items", the data for this will come from a query that looks up all the editable tabs for  ROG dept.       

It’s a tricky one for me. I’d like them to update together. Even thinking of getting a pro to do all the coding. Maybe it’s simple enough for them.