SOLVED

Excel Formula HELP

Copper Contributor

I need to take the sum of the cells in column "B" (that have the text "R") and column "C" (that have the text "Acc"). Also I need to count all cells in column "C" that have the text "Rej".  But I need a formula that will allow me to take the total cell count I get from column C with "Rej" and subtract from that, the total I get from the sum of the cells of columns B and C (that meet the above criteria).

I'm sure there is an easier way to explain that, so I apologize if it sounds confusing.

3 Replies

@WillJa67 

Hi, there! I am not sure if I get your explanation.

I assumed that when you say "sum of the cells" you meant "count of rows" where the criteria were met.

If that's the case, please try the formula 

=COUNTIFS(B:B,"R",C:C,"Acc")-COUNTIFS(C:C,"Rej")

If that's not the case, please let me know.

Please see the file attached with the formulas and an example.

@Celia_Alves 

Celia, that was almost perfect. It was just backwards, so I switched and it worked perfectly.

=COUNTIFS(C6:C1836,"Rej")-COUNTIFS(B6:B1836,"R",C6:C1836,"Acc")

Not sure why I could not figure that out, but it was killing my brain..lol.

Thank you so much for your help.

best response confirmed by WillJa67 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@WillJa67 

You're welcome! My pleasure to help.

It has also happened to me before: spent hours of work and wasted hours of sleep trying to find a solution; then decided to ask for help in a forum. When I saw the answer, I could not believe I had not been able to figure that out myself. :)

If you can mark my answer as the best answer, it would be great! Enjoy your weekend and have lots of fun with Excel!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WillJa67 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@WillJa67 

You're welcome! My pleasure to help.

It has also happened to me before: spent hours of work and wasted hours of sleep trying to find a solution; then decided to ask for help in a forum. When I saw the answer, I could not believe I had not been able to figure that out myself. :)

If you can mark my answer as the best answer, it would be great! Enjoy your weekend and have lots of fun with Excel!

View solution in original post