SOLVED

Excel Formula Help

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am looking for an excel formula that will return a range of results from another tab ONLY if certain conditions are true.

For example, I have a list of 60 clients on tab 1, with their name in column A and their location in column B.

I am looking for a formula that will populate a range of cells on tab 2 listing clients from tab A, only if they are in location X (for example).

I have tried the IF function, but I don't want any results to be returned if the conditions are false.

I have also tried VLOOKUP, but that formula only returns the first client name on tab A that meets the conditions, or, it will provide a "FALSE", "#NA" for any clients that aren't in location X.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@MTaylor10 

Unless I'm mistaken, the FILTER function would work. It does require the most recent version of Excel, however. Here's a YouTube video by a Microsoft tech person, and it does an excellent job of explaining how to use FILTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...
Excellent! This function worked!
Luckily I have the newest version of excel so the 'Spill' functionality with dynamic arrays helped even further.
Thanks for your help!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@MTaylor10 

Unless I'm mistaken, the FILTER function would work. It does require the most recent version of Excel, however. Here's a YouTube video by a Microsoft tech person, and it does an excellent job of explaining how to use FILTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9DtFOVPIg

View solution in original post

Learn everything about our brand-new Dynamic Arrays and how you can use them to build advanced spreadsheets. Arrays (CSE) have long been present in Excel, but were limited to power users. With Dynamic Arrays we have rebuilt the calc engine, effectively turning all formulas into array formulas ...