SOLVED

Excel formula help

Copper Contributor
Hi All,

I'm not certain this is the right location for this but here goes!
I have a spreadsheet which is really a large table. I'm trying to get info from this main table into a separate worksheet. What I need is a formula that says something like "If any cell in sheet1 contains the same name as cell a1 in sheet 2, then in a2 show the text 3 rows down from the found text in sheet1"
3 Replies
best response confirmed by Danielwood1985 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Danielwood1985 

Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Without a file (without sensitive data) it is difficult to guess what the user wants.
If nothing is what you are looking for, please include a file and a detailed explanation.

=IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A3,Sheet1!A1)

Please see the inserted file

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Thank you for this. It does work.

Annoyingly though, I haven't explained myself very well.

Sheet 1, across row 4, from d4, has different titles.
Sheet 2, column c downwards, has those titles.

For every x in Sheet2 cell C*, where C* is present in Sheet 1, row4, in sheet2 d* show what's 3 rows down in sheet1.

I'm thinking it may be too complex for a formula and a macro may be needed?

@Danielwood1985 

INDEX/MATCH shall work if in C are unique values. Better to have sample file to illustrate on concrete formula. It also depends on which version of Excel you are, in general on 365 or not.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Danielwood1985 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Danielwood1985 

Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Without a file (without sensitive data) it is difficult to guess what the user wants.
If nothing is what you are looking for, please include a file and a detailed explanation.

=IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!A3,Sheet1!A1)

Please see the inserted file

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

View solution in original post