SOLVED

Excel formula help

Copper Contributor

Good Day,

I will try to explain to the best i can what i am trying to do!? i have uploaded the image with a better view to understanding what i am trying to achieve.

i basically have a list of numbers (stock Layers Items) going down in rows on a column.

There are 9 Layers to a Pallet - So i would basically like to paste the layers in the column then id like it to automatically assign the layers to the pallets, when 9 layers are reached the formula to pull through to the next pallet.

I hope this make sense to some one and your help is much appreciated.

1587024561149.png

9 Replies
best response confirmed by marc47555 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@marc47555 

Replicated your sheet and believe that this formula will do what you need.

=IF((SUM(F$5:F5)+$D6-SUM($E6:E6))<=9,$D6-SUM($E6:E6),9-SUM(F$5:F5)+SUM($E6:E6))

Important that column E remains empty and the the headers in row 5 are text (i.e. not numbers) or that you insert an empty row 5. Enter the formula in F6 and copy it down and across as far as you need.

@Riny_van_Eekelen That works perfectly thank you so much!! i have been trying to work this out for WEEKS!

@marc47555 Glad it worked!

@Riny_van_Eekelen it did thank you, how ever now they have told me i cant have more than 3 different layers on a pallet, ( layers are separate products ) I'm not sure if this is possible!? thanks anyway

@marc47555 

Please see the attached workbook. I believe it fixes the problem. Tweaked the formula a little bit. 

@Riny_van_Eekelen  Absolute LEGEND, thank you perfect

@Riny_van_Eekelen  Thank you so much for you help the other day, those formulas work perfect for 3 of my sheets! :) 

how ever i have had to amend a sheet i have attached below with a note with what is needed im hoping you could help if not then thank you for trying .

Marc

@marc47555 Will have look later and get back to you.

@marc47555 Have a look at the attached file. I believe it does what you require.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by marc47555 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@marc47555 

Replicated your sheet and believe that this formula will do what you need.

=IF((SUM(F$5:F5)+$D6-SUM($E6:E6))<=9,$D6-SUM($E6:E6),9-SUM(F$5:F5)+SUM($E6:E6))

Important that column E remains empty and the the headers in row 5 are text (i.e. not numbers) or that you insert an empty row 5. Enter the formula in F6 and copy it down and across as far as you need.

View solution in original post