SOLVED

Excel Formula Errors: "merged cells & Spill Over

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am working on a client project and am having trouble getting my formula to work due to a merged cells error. So I unmerged the cells which I don't want to do for my form template and then I got a spillover error which I don't know how to fix. my formula is:

=MASTERNOTES!C21:J26

I have two templates I need to add this formula to before I can continue on this project. Please help. 

Thank you. 

4 Replies
your formula is a range of cells (6 rows and 8 columns). If there is anything (even a space " ") in any of the cells upto 6 down and 8 to the right of the cell that you put that formula you will get that !Spill error.

@mtarler Thank you. I think I almost have it sorted. I am now just trying to figure out how to get the cell that receives the data to wrap text I have it set up to wrap the text but it won't actually perform that action. Thoughts?

best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution
I don't know why that would happen. Try selecting those cells and re-applying the word-wrap option. In my test it worked fine but if it was applied before adding the formula I had to change the row size but if I applied it after then the row height auto changed
Thank you so much yeah I figured it out just changing the cell height made it work. Excel is not the greatest tool for blocks of text lol. Thanks again!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution
I don't know why that would happen. Try selecting those cells and re-applying the word-wrap option. In my test it worked fine but if it was applied before adding the formula I had to change the row size but if I applied it after then the row height auto changed

View solution in original post