Excel Formula/Date/Number Issues

Copper Contributor

Hello community! 

Reaching out here to see if you can help me. I tried messaging Microsoft on chat and even called them this morning... then went to the Apple store too. NO ONE COULD HELP! 

I recently bought my MacBook Air in July 2020, and right after bought the Office 365 Home version for my computer. My manager uses a PC computer and in one of our accounting files, we have the formula =TODAY()-B7. What we are finding out is number of days where invoices are at that way we can pay suppliers. When this formula is inputted, I get a #VALUE! kickback. 

For whatever reason, the only time the formula will work is if I removed the -B7 item and leave it as =TODAY(). But that is not what I need... the formula they have been using for years, and it still works for others on their PCs but not my Mac. I don't know if there is a setting feature that I need to change or what... I tried changing the format to number, general, etc. and nothing works. 

Then in another file, I have codes like 5001-01, 5002-02, etc. And the file automatically changes these values to dates for me. But yet for my manager, her end is fine... they even try sending me their files, and it doesn't pop up on my end... still shows either #VALUE! or a date. In order for me to work off the file, they have to copy and paste the number values for me... but this is MY JOB to do, not theirs. 

As you can see, something is clearly messed up! Today I have made all updates and even uninstalled and reinstalled the Office 365 program, and it still won't work. Any support here would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much!! 

1 Reply

@LouieJ 

TODAY function

Excel for Microsoft 365 Excel for Microsoft 365 for Mac Excel for the web Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2019 for Mac Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007 Excel 2016 for Mac Excel for Mac 2011 Excel Starter 2010

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/today-function-5eb3078d-a82c-4736-8930-2f51a028fdd9?ui=en...

NOW function

Excel for Microsoft 365 Excel for Microsoft 365 for Mac Excel for the web Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2019 for Mac Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007 Excel 2016 for Mac Excel for Mac 2011 Excel Starter 2010

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/now-function-3337fd29-145a-4347-b2e6-20c904739c46?ui=en-u...

Hope I was able to help you and would be happy to know if I could help you.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.