SOLVED

Excel formula combinations

Brass Contributor

Hi, I have a workbook with two worksheets. First worksheet called Prices, master list of products and prices that changes any time. Second sheet called January contains quotes, purchase orders, purchase requests or invoices. In January worksheet there is drop down lists each row its own list under Product Description column. Next to Product Description is Price column for each selected product. Price cell i use vlookup to retrieve the price of the selected product which works fine. But now when the price of a product in Prices worksheet is changed all the products in history business of all that products changes!!! How can i resolve that problem that once a product in a cell has been selected and the price retrieved that that price never changes ever??????

Regards

Thank You

23 Replies

@kobus1305 

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Should I assume now that it is working fine on your end?

If so, please take a minute to accept the post with the proposed solution as a Best Response to mark your question as Solved.

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer 

Hi, There is one procedure that i can not figure out. I want to open, or if it is already open display it, from the one workbook "Quotation Program.xlsx", which works using HYPERLINK("[Quotation Unit Prices.xlsm]"). But say all the info for the quote on "Quotation Program.xlsx" has been  completed i want to open, or display if it is already open, the "Quotation Prices.xlsm" workbook. When "Quotation Prices.xlsm" displays it must also be on May worksheet and not the last worksheet that has been worked on. How and is it possible to do that??

Regards

Thank You

@kobus1305 

Sorry, I couldn't understand what you wanted to describe.

If this is not related to your original question and the solution I provided, you can always open a New Question so that maybe someone else would be able to understand it and help you with your issue.

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer 

Hi Good Morning, It is me again, do not know if you can recall you wrote me a vba to change a price,in a excel worksheet, of a selected "product description", i have send you a copy of the workbook at that time, from a drop down list which works no problem. If i lock the cells and protect worksheet excel do not allow the vba coding to alter the price in those cells. How can i fix that problem??

Regards

Thank You