SOLVED

Excel format of column

Copper Contributor

I'M IN A COLUMN USING NUMBER FORMAT, TRYING TO INTER NUMBERS 3 DIGITS AND SOME START WITH A ZERO, BUT ZERO DOES NOT SHOW UP EXAMPLE 062.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Lenora8315 

If you want to display numbers with leading zeros in Excel, you can do so by formatting the cells as text or by using a custom number format.

Here's how:

1. To format the cells as text, select the cells you want to format, right-click and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu. In the "Number" tab, select "Text" from the "Category" list and click "OK". Now you can enter numbers with leading zeros and they will be displayed as entered.

2. To use a custom number format, select the cells you want to format, right-click and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu. In the "Number" tab, select "Custom" from the "Category" list. In the "Type" field, enter `000` to display numbers with three digits and leading zeros. Click "OK" to apply the format.

I hope this helps!

@NikolinoDE

Thank you much it worked.   

I am glad that you were helped with this.
I wish you continued success with Excel!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Lenora8315 

If you want to display numbers with leading zeros in Excel, you can do so by formatting the cells as text or by using a custom number format.

Here's how:

1. To format the cells as text, select the cells you want to format, right-click and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu. In the "Number" tab, select "Text" from the "Category" list and click "OK". Now you can enter numbers with leading zeros and they will be displayed as entered.

2. To use a custom number format, select the cells you want to format, right-click and choose "Format Cells" from the context menu. In the "Number" tab, select "Custom" from the "Category" list. In the "Type" field, enter `000` to display numbers with three digits and leading zeros. Click "OK" to apply the format.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post