Excel form - trying to link sheets and autopopulate

Copper Contributor

I am creating a detailed form which combines specific questions from multiple insurance applications into one master application. I want to send this form to clients to fill out then copy the completed form and paste it into a blank sheet with cells linked to several other spreadsheets so each of the applications will autopopulate based on the master form. The ultimate goal is to save clients time by requiring only one application and to save my coworkers time by creating a way for the information from the comprehensive form to be input into each of the company specific forms without requiring manual input.

What is the best way to do this?

8a566379-b653-46c0-b1d7-53f14498689a.png

4 Replies
Have you got a Microsoft 365 subscription? If yes, consider creating the form in Microsoft Forms. You can then create a Power Automate Flow, which takes the new entry and pushes the entered data into a table of an Excel file or even multiple tables in multiple Excel files if required. Sounds complicated maybe, but once you get the hang of this stuff it is a breeze to get data from others.
@Jan Karel Pieterse

Yes, I have MS365. Power Automate Flow sounds like a great idea! How dynamic is the form to excel process? I would need to input the data from the master-application to specific cells in other pre-formatted applications.
Power Automate expects you to have tables in the Excel file (I think), but from here it is up to you as I do not have too much experience with power automate.

@ingewashburn 

I agree with @Jan Karel Pieterse 's recommendation.

If you want to have a look at forms to see if it will work for you, I'd start by going to your OneDrive.  Select 'New', choose Forms Survey, and play around with building a form:

Patrick2788_0-1658243663376.png

Initiating the form through OneDrive will link the responses to an Excel workbook automatically.