Excel for Project Management

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I'm new to this platform. I stumbled onto this site in search for help creating an Excel worksheet (or book) to track vacation requests for a team of 10 directors. I'm sure this is simple enough for many of you, but I have limited use with Excel. 

I've asked all of my directors to send me their vacation plans for the entire 2019 calendar year. The objective is to track all vacation requests submitted during a 2 month period. At the end of the two months, we'll approve the requests on a first come basis. 

I want to create a tracking system that recognizes the date the individual submitted the request, the days they're requesting off, and whether it falls on or around a major holiday. My tracking system will be presented at the review meeting. 

Some things I'm also considering is whether or not my tracking system should also recognize any major team meetings or conferences that are scheduled. This way we have full visibility of our team's commitments and availability. Would this be helpful, or is it unnecessary to the task I've been assigned? Also, should by excel Book include an actual calendar? 

Does anyone have a template I can use, or can you recommend a template? 

Please HELPP! 

0 Replies